The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM Kisan Yojana) is a government scheme through which all small and marginal farmers will get up to Rs 6,000 per annum as minimum income support.
Under the PM Kisan scheme, all landholding farmers‘ families shall be provided the financial advantage of Rs 6000 once a year per family, payable in three equal installments of Rs 2000 each, every four months.
The PM Kisan Yojana came into effect on December 1, 2018.
The definition of the family for the scheme is husband, wife, and minor children. UT administration and the government will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per the scheme guidelines.
The fund is going to be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the candidates.
Who isn’t eligible for the scheme:
The following categories of beneficiaries of upper economic status shall not be eligible for benefit under the scheme:
All Institutional Landholders, Farmer families that belong to at least one or more of the subsequent categories, Former and present holders of constitutional posts, Former and present Ministers, State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats, all serving or retired officers and employees of Central, State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government also as regular employees of the Local Bodies. (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees), All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs. 10,000/-or more. (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category, All Persons who paid tax within the last assessment year, Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and designers registered with Professional bodies and completing the profession by undertaking practices.
How can farmers register for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
• Farmers need to approach the local revenue officer (patwari) or a nodal officer (nominated by the state government).
• Farmers also can visit their nearest Common Service Centres (CSCs) for registration within the Scheme upon payment of fees.
• The Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorized to try the registration of the farmers for the Scheme upon payment of fees.
• Aadhaar Number or the other documents for purpose of identification like driver’s license
• Voter ID Card
• NREGA Job Card
• Bank Account Number and therefore the Mobile Number of the beneficiaries
What is the objective of PM-KISAN scheme?
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is implemented as a central sector scheme by the Government of India. This scheme was introduced to augment the source of income of many small and marginal farmers. The main objectives of the PM-KISAN scheme are mentioned below:
- To provide income support to all eligible land-holding farmers and their families
- PM-KISAN scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income
This scheme is expected to increase the coverage of PM-KISAN to around 14.5 crore beneficiaries. It aims to cover around 2 crores more farmers with an estimated expenditure of Rs. 87,217.50 crores that will be funded by the Central Government for the year 2019-20.